Monday 17 May 2010

It's been a bit of an odd week for me, and so all my crafting plans have been somewhat randomised.

My plans to cross stitch Ripley wearing the power-loader thingy from Aliens have been rather waylaid by my inability to find a high enough quality picture from that scene. Not only do I need a picture of just the right moment, but it also needs to be a pretty huge photo in order for me to make some changes to it so that it'll work all pixelated. My google-fu has failed me so far. I may have to resort to making my own screencaps from the DVD. I think I know how to do that. Eeep. The delay has made me move forward on my plans to cross-stitch Serenity though, which I've been meaning to do ever since I started the Enterprise one.

On the plus side, I saw Flight of the Conchords on Saturday and they were fantastic. More thoughts and pics of my homemade Conchords t-shirt (I could not help myself!) soon!

In the meantime, these two Watchmen badges came out quite nice. I think I need to adjust the colours in the Rorschach one (the purple and the orange both need to be browner) and maybe the smiley would look better if it were a stitch or two bigger so it goes right over the edges of the badge. Or maybe I just need to align it a little better the next time I put one in the badge making machine!

watchmen1

No comments:

Post a Comment