Sunday 31 October 2010

This week has been very strange, but mostly in a good way.

Saw John Barrowman (Barrowmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! *shakes fist at sky*) in concert on Wednesday, which was all kinds of fabulous. It was cheesy as all get out, of course, but in a wonderful way. To hear him sing in person was a fantastic experience, but what really surprised me was how I could have listened to him tell his showbiz anecdotes all night long. The man could have a career in stand up if he wanted! (Although this feeling may have been intensified by him using his Glaswegian accent for most of the show, and the extra cheekiness of a home town gig.) And I really like the way he has his support act on for two short sets in the middle of each act, rather than as a warm up act. Also, Wonder Woman/Spiderman mash-up. Really.

Then Friday was Take That ticket day. Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffffffffffffffggggggggggggggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. That was ridiculous. I have never had to work so hard in my life to get someone to take my money. Total capitalism fail. You'd think Ticketmaster of all things might be somewhat prepared for the onslaught of people wanting tickets. (Although, fair enough, selling over a million tickets in one day is pretty huge.) But I succeeded (after four bloody hours) and all is well with the world!

And I think I have finally hit the home stretch with my Serenity cross stitch. Swearing levels are decreased, accomplishment levels are increasing. I'm starting to like her again! Hurrah!

291010

No comments:

Post a Comment